I want to understand troubleshooting of pumps (centrifugal pump) & compressors (reciprocating/centrifugal).
1) How to inspect these equipment as an operation engineer ? What things one need to check and monitor ?
2) A pump used to pump the fluid having RVP of 1.8 psi. Can we pump a fluid having RVP of 6-9 psi by using this same pump ? (Note: Lines sizing, dimension and head remains same not need to change them).
3) How to inspect/check process pipelines, vessels, furnaces and columns ?
4) What to do if the vessel pressure continuously increases (out of control) ? How to control this pressure ?
5) From the tuning of control valve what one (operation engineer) say or comment ? For example:
a) Pressure Control Valve —- P = 100 I = 50 D = 0
b) Pressure Control Valve —- P = 60 I = 35 D = 0
c) Pressure Control Valve —- P = 150 I = 120 D = 0
6) What is the purpose of spill back line ? A spill back line with manual control and one with auto control ?
7) What is the reason of line from discharge to pump mechanical seal ?
8) Why warm up line is used with process lines ? Most at pump & compressor discharge ?
9) Difference between spill back and bypass line ?
10) How to create draft in natural draft furnace ?
11) A reflux line from column doesn’t goes direct to air cooler, but it goes downward and then bend and then to cooler ? Why is this so ?
12) What things need to check before filling a vessel ?
13) How to avoid over pressurizing of vessels & furnace ?
Please and my queries if possible. I will be waiting for response.