www.thepetrosolutions.com

Comparison of different reforming process

Home Forums Petro Solutions Forum Engineering Students Comparison of different reforming process

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hamzaali1999
      Participant

A.o.a
      Kindly very my document which contains the comparison of reforming processes. If I made any mistake then kindly tell me.

Secondly
      these are the justification for selecting UOP CCR Platforming Process

Following are the justification for selecting “CCR Platforming Process”

1)This process used Pt/Al203 which produce maximum yield of desired product as compared to other catalyst.

2)High Conversion of 95%.

3)Operating pressure is low and this reduces the compressor duty making the process more economical then other processes.

4)CCR reduces the time for regeneration as other required much time and safe transition of catalyst so that each particle of catalyst is in good condition and suitable for reaction.

5)Valve less control of catalyst flow which in turn reduces the maintenance costs of special valves.

Kindly I want to do little debate on these justification as it will clear my concepts regarding this process.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Nasir Hussain
      Keymaster

Definitely, UOP CCR Process is better than the others;
      in addition to your points
      1. High RON will help to meet RON requirements for gasoline blend.
      2. No production loss due to continues process.
      3. Low H/HC ratio reacquires less flow of Hydrogen gas which is more economical.
      4. More flexible operation of the unit , because it can operate at high severity (high temperature) as per product quality requirement without shutdown.
      5. It produces more hydrogen gas compare to others while naphtha flow remain almost same.
      6. Currently, all the newly installed units worldwide are CCR type.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.