www.thepetrosolutions.com

Bypassing diolefins reactor in DHT unit

Home Forums Petro Solutions Forum Hydroprocessing Bypassing diolefins reactor in DHT unit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Abu noor

During replacement of diolefins reactor in DHT unit. Can we bypass this reactor and continued cocker naphtha to DHT reactor?
      Is there any impact to the hydrotreater reactor and Fractionator column if we cut off Cocker naphtha? We have SRGO and LCGO feed to hydrotreater reactor plus cocker naphtha after treated in diolefins reactor.
      I need your suggestions
      Thanks

Nasir Hussain
      Keymaster

I think it is not a good idea to process the cocker Naptha directly in the hydrotreating reactor bypassing the diolefins reactor. Because high olefin content will result in higher catalyst deactivation, higher hydrogen consumption, and a higher temperature rise across the catalyst bed. Further, silicon and high sulfur content will also cause catalyst poisoning and higher deactivation rates. The hydrotreating HDS/HDN reactor needs to run under severe operating conditions to meet product specifications.
      The Fractionator column will have less flow of lighter naphtha range, but I think it will not be so much problematic. If the naphtha flow is too low, that fractionar can’t run properly, then the minimum flow of coker naphtha can be processed. Otherwise, it is better to not process the cooker naphtha without passing through the Diolefins reactor.

Reegards,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.